Everything there is to know about the MBE 2021 “Special Edition”
A full program for an event to be experienced by motorcycle!
There are certain dates which are eagerly awaited with fervor, and the dates of Motor Bike Expo are undoubtedly marked in red on the calendars of every motorcycle enthusiast: 18-20 June – impossible to miss out on!
The world spent a long time at a stand-still, and the time to re-open has finally arrived. The Italian government has decreed the re-opening of international trade fairs and MBE now comes back to life in the spacious, welcoming pavilions at Veronafiere.
Return to the fair
It is yet another confirmation of the extraordinary vitality of the motorcycle industry and of the need that the extensive two-wheel family has to be together, also to discover what is new on the market as well as new offerings from an industry which hasn’t had the chance to meet face-to-face with the public since the last edition of MBE (January 2020).
On the third weekend of June, from Friday 18th to Sunday 20th, every two-wheel enthusiast can experience a unique summer version of Motor Bike Expo: a dynamic event to be enjoyed from the seat of your motorcycle. Major motorcycle manufacturers will be present, along with accessories and apparel producers, the Italian Motorcycling Federation (FMI), Moto Clubs, and all of the services related to the world of motorcycling.
Test the motorcycle of your dreams
The biggest names will be present and will be offering demo rides, a special opportunity to test a wide variety of new models which the manufacturers will make available to visitors. The outdoor areas will also be further developed with riding schools for the youngest riders along with an extensive list of initiatives ready to excite and entertain visitors.
To date, the following manufacturers have confirmed their presence:
- MOTO GUZZI
- MV AGUSTA
- ROYAL ENFIELD
Not only motorcycles
Jeep re-confirms its participation at the international trade fair and will excite visitors with climbs and dips in the most famous off-road vehicles in the world thanks to the “Jeep Experience”, taking visitors on a track designed to test the limits of these cars and thrill both the participants sitting inside as well as onlookers.
The advantages of the June edition
There are many advantages to an edition which will surely prove to be warmer than the traditional weekend in January, in which the organizers can indulge in offering activities which are even more suited to demonstrating all the various uses for motorcycles thanks to the collaboration with Federmoto which has planned a series of events, all to be experienced from the seat of a motorcycle. Among the variety of tours, for which visitors can sign up on the website www.motorbikeexpo.it, one is dedicated to maxi enduro and tourers, one to café racers, and one asphalt-free route for Scramblers and off-road customs.
Free motorcycle parking in the exhibition center
Motorcyclists who reach Verona by motorcycle can enter the event on their bikes, where the dedicated “MOTO PARKING” will be waiting for them – a dedicated parking area exclusively for motorcycles situated at the heart of MBE. Those arriving by motorcycle may enter at “Gate C”.
Event opening hours
Friday 18 June: 9.00 – 22.00
Saturday 19 June: 9.00 – 22.00
Sunday 20 June: 9.00 – 20.00
For this “special edition” of MBE, the organizers wanted to offer a “special price”. Tickets will cost only 10€ for all visitors (-50% off the 2020 price) as a re-opening symbolic gesture for all two-wheel enthusiasts.
Tickets are only available online in accordance with anti-Covid procedures; the Veronafiere ticket booths will not be open.
Tickets available on www.motorbikeexpo.it
Artistic expression at MBE
Apart from admiring motorcycles, artistic expression thrives at MBE
For the occasion of the international trade fair, the awaited film “Pozzis Samarcanda” will be presented, a documentary from the young Friulano director Stefano Giacomuzzi which stars Cocco, an already well-loved and popular “character” within the biker community; a 73-year old hermit with a dark and mysterious story who wants to go from Friuli to Samarcanda on his ‘39 H-D.
Presentation along with starring actor and director: Saturday 19th at 15:00 on the Main Stage in Hall 1.
Furthermore, there will be the presentation of the new book “Cuore e Pistoni” by Lorenzo Gioachini (Lory666), who writes in his stories about a life on the road reconciled with the duties of a daily job, without neglecting family. Experiences, emotions, memories, picturesque characters, and real pain, humorous situations and dramatic events, all of which pushed the author to publish this book. Presentation on Sunday 20th, Main Stage – Hall 1.
An event to re-start safely
To enter MBE 2021, it is not necessary to be vaccinated or to have recently undergone a swab. It is however necessary to maintain certain precautions in order to enjoy the event safely. Here are the safety measures used by Veronafiere:
- Obligatory face mask: the use of a face mask within the fairgrounds is always required
- Social distancing: social distancing (at least 1 meter) between people is obligatory at the event
- Temperature check: Temperature scanners will be used at the entrance to the event. Any person who has a temperature of 37.5° or higher will not be allowed to enter the event
- Hand sanitizer dispensers: Veronafiere has installed hand sanitizer dispensers which are positioned in all workplaces, bathrooms, corridors, communal areas and reception areas, which we invite visitors to use frequently
- Larger exhibition spaces: for the 2021 edition, the organizers have expanded exhibition areas by 20% compared to last year
- Increase in cleaning and hygiene staff: cleaning services have been increased along with the frequency of each cleaning service, with extra sanitization of pavilions.
- Pavilion sanitization: sanitization staff will regularly clean pavilions with ozone so that the entire exhibition center may safely welcome visitors
- Advanced technology: a monitoring system network capable of counting visitors inside the pavilions and identifying eventual crowds of people, alerting exhibition staff in real-time so that they may intervene. This system, via facial recognition software, is also able to monitor and recognize those not wearing face masks. A general surveillance of all exhibition spaces at Veronafiere, with maximum respect for privacy
- Medical personnel: Veronafiere has reinforced its safety and security measures in the indoor fairground areas with the presence of medical personnel, including doctors and specialized nurses, following a specific health and safety protocol signed by operators carrying out the service. In addition, dedicated security staff, police officers, firefighters, and paramedics will all be present at the communal areas of the exhibition center
Insomma grandi sforzi da parte dell’organizzazione che sarà l’apripista degli eventi in presenza in Italia, non solo gli eventi fieristici, ma anche per la musica live, i teatri, i cinema ecc. Overall, great efforts from the organizers to mark the re-opening of in-person events in Italy – not only for trade fairs, but also for live music, theaters, cinemas, etc.
Motor Bike Expo: 18-20 June, Veronafiere